The seemingly infinite choices of neighborhoods is one of the really great aspects of moving to Atlanta. In just about every county, you can find a wide range of options covering just about anything you may be interested in.
The five large counties north of the I285 perimeter which include North Fulton, Cobb, Cherokee, Forsyth and Gwinnett counties offer everything ranging from starter townhome communites to private gated golf communities with an entry price north of $1M. It’s all here.
Here are just some of the community types you can find in the Atlanta metro:
- private gated or ungated
- large 2000 home communities to small enclaves
- golf communities including public, semi-private and fully private
- $1M and over custom home communities to national builder tract home types
- communities known for golf, or tennis, or swim, or various combinations
- “famous” communities or “ultra discrete” communities
- quiet neighborhoods, or very active neighborhoods
- great starter home communities
- communities with large lots, or minimal lots
- communities with all maintenance included in the HOA fee
- high end townhome communities
- communities known for kids, or for no kids, etc.
- 55+ communities for retirement
You can often find combinations as well. For each of those above, there are specific communities that fit the bill.
Moving to Atlanta, you have a lot of choices and it’s our goal to present you with options that best match your criteria. We never want a client to discover a year later that the best community for them is actually across the street or down the road from where they purchased!
Try to get very specific, or as specific as possible about your preferences, and let us go to work for you, providing lots of options. Or, we can show you possibilities and you can see what’s out there.
See more helpful articles on Moving to Atlanta in our Moving to Atlanta site section.